Sunday, April 10, 2011

Flower Power

Hi there!  Long time no see!  I had a great time when Grandma and Grandpa visited. Will post more pics from their visit soon!  This weekend was pretty low key.  I went to California Cantina on Friday night with a group of fellow expats.  It was full of gringos and gringo food!  We even saw a gringo pickpocket stealing some guy's duffle bag.  

Saturday I went to Jumbo of course!  I also went to Easy (Home Depot) and bought some plants for the balconies. I also sort of dug the existing plants out of their pots so I could add some new dirt and fertilizer.  Some were in pretty bad shape.  




Today I cooked up a storm. I baked cookies, meatloaf and chicken/onions/peppers.  I wanted to make penne pesto pasta, but my friend at Jumbo told me they don't sell chicken broth.  Hmmm....sounds strange to me...but who knows!

Tonight I ate dinner with Meredith, Michelle and Jeremy via Skype. Meredith cooked fajitas so I decided to do the same...well....chicken/peppers/onions...couldn't find the tortillas or sour cream at the store.  It was nice to see everyone!  

My parents arrive on Saturday morning, so I will post pics of our adventures soon!  Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment