Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bagels

So we don't have any bagel stores here in Santiago, which I don't understand because Chilenos eat more bread than anyone I read.  So Saturday morning I attempted to make Emril's recipe for home-made bagels and they turned out like this:


Holes too big and they didn't rise very much...but they tasted like a bagel!

Today I decided to give it another chance and put in two packs of yeast this time with warm water instead of hot water and the yeast activated a lot more.  The bagels rose this time!

Basically all you have to do is make the dough and let it site for an hour. Then form the bagels and they site another half hour.


The your boil them for about 2 minutes


And put the slimey little things in the oven for 30 minutes....


And magically you have bagels in Santiago!  Maybe I'll start my own bagel shop out of my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment