Saturday, January 29, 2011

Departamento

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately, works has kept me too busy during the week to do more postings. Yesterday I got the keys to my apartment.  Luckily the apartment company set up my internet and tv for me, so all was ready upon my arrival.  I highly recommend Jorge, Francisco and Terrence from Jorge Gamio Propiodades if you are ever relocating to Santiago. Jorge let me use his name for my utilities because I do not yet have my RUT (kinda like a temporary social security number).  I will not get my RUT until I have my work permit.

Anyways...on to the pictures....


This is the kitchen. It came fully stocked with appliances, cups, plates, etc. If you walk through the glass door at the back it takes you to the laundry/utility room.  


The other side of the kitchen has a table with a bench and chairs.


This is the view of the hallway when you walk in the door and turn to the right. The hall leads to all of the bedrooms and bathrooms.


This is the guest bedroom with twin beds.  It has a balcony that it shares with the office.

This is the office with a desk and a futon.  The patio looks a little weird because the shade is pulled. 


This is the guest bathroom. It looks like a cruise ship bathroom...but it is a little bigger :)


Guest bathroom shower/tub.  There is another water closet in the hallway that I found after I finished taking pics.

My room.


Bed, TV and a balcony behind the curtains.


Left side of my closet. One thing is for sure...this apartment has tons of storage space. 


Right side of my closet...perfect for storing giant shoes.


This is my bathroom.


Hmmmm......


My shower..it has frosted windows that open...I guess to let some steam out.



I didn't take pictures of the living room/dining room/main balcony yet because the cable and internet guys were here setting up. Will take some more pictures over the next week while I am settling it.

Today my big tasks is to go to Jumbo (walmart) and Alto Las Condes (a different mall) to buy sheets and randomness.  There is a store here called Casa&Ideas (House & Ideas) that is supposidly like a mini IKEA, so that will be fun to explore.

Tomorrow Dana, Bob, Michelle, Sean, and Dan arrive from the States to help us with some work stuff. I am looking forward to hanging out



5 comments:

  1. I know you'll be glad to get settled. The people at Jack's will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice Lindsay and I know it will be good to be in your own place. Meredith will have to come down and cook Pioneer Woman delights in your new kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new apartment! So happy you're finally able to get settled in your own place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excelente y perfecto. I like "my room". LOL

    ReplyDelete