Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome! Bienvenido!

Hi everyone!  I decided to start a blog to chronicle my move from Texas to Chile. I'll start posting regularly once I arrive in Chile. My tentative leave date is next Saturday, so come back after that to see what I've been up to!

Until then, here's a fun fact: The flag of Texas and the flag of Chile look very similar.


The Flag of Texas is known as the Lone Star Flag. The blue stands for loyalty, white for purity, and red for bravery.

The flag of Chile is known in Spanish as La Estrella Solitaria (the Lone Star).
The star represents a guide to progress and honor; blue represents the sky and the Pacific Ocean, white is for the snow covered Andes mountains, and the red stands for the blood spilled to achieve independence.

See ya! Hasta Luego!

3 comments:

  1. excited for you, cant wait to read all about your time in Chile! Best of Luck! Love you mucho and you will be greatly missed! Gio sends his tia lindsay a great big hug and slobbery kiss! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buena suerte amiga, y disfrute a cada momento!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Chile welcomed you!! That is great. I love that you danced with the cowboy :)
    Seguimos en contacto y buena suerte!!

    ReplyDelete