Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pueblito de los Dominicos

Today Elvia and I went shopping. First stop was Pueblito de los Dominicos, a large park where artisans sell their handmade goods.  I bought these cool glasses that have real fruit on them for my apartment. 


Afterwards, we had lunch at an Italian restaurant at Parque Arauco. Pizza with olives, pepperoni, mushrooms and red peppers and a salad...and a mango sour and agua sin gas (regular water) of course!  Today seemed to be really hot here...even though it was only 86F, so we opted to sit inside.

Parque Arauco is the large modern mall in the city. It has all of the usual types of stores that American malls have...just called something else. For example, the Chilean equivalent to Victoria's Secret is called Women's Secret. After lunch, we walked around and explored. I looked at bed spreads and sheets, but decided to wait until I move into my apartment this week to buy anything. I'm sure next weekend will be full of trips to the mall and jumbo to outfit my place.  

Tonight I am taking the night off and chilling in my hotel room. Elvia flies out on Tuesday night, so tomorrow we will have to go out and live it up one last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment