Saturday, February 12, 2011

Howdy

Yesterday Trinidad and Maricela took me to Al Fresco, a Peruvian restaurant in Las Condes (http://www.alfresco.cl).  It is listed in my 100 best restaurants in Santiago guide.

We had a Peruvian pisco sour...which I have to admit was better than the Chilean ones I have had. We also ate salted puffed corn....I don't know how they cook it...but it's not hard like normal corn kernels. 


We ate ceviche and the main course below...two typical Peruvian foods. On the left is chicken in a creamy sauce, the middle is rice with giant Peruvian corn, and the left is lomo something....steak, onions, french fries and an egg (I think it was a quail egg based on the size).


Me, Trinidad, and Maricela


Afterwards, Trinidad and I decided that we will have my house warming party next Friday after work. So off we went to the mall to get some things. We went back to Casa&Ideas and I bought a table cloth and some candle holders. Then off to HomeCenter, which is like Home Depot! Lots of good stuff in there! I found bath mats and a scale.  Trini told me there was a store next to HomeCenter that is similar to Jumbo that I will have to go to today to stock up on food for the party. I am also going to try to make some chocolate chip cookies for the folks at work...first time cooking in my little oven...so we'll see how it goes!


Milk update: I found this type of milk that comes with a pour spout. Much better than the first milk I purchased!  


Ciao!

1 comment: