Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lookout Las Condes...I am now on the road

This week as Engineering Week at work.  The HR Team didn't win, but did a great job putting together the offshore platform crane.  Sebastian, Maida, Carmen, Barbara, and Mauricio are pictured below. Engineering Week here is a much bigger deal than in the Dallas office. Everyone came down to watch the competition and there was even a DJ for the event.



This week Frank and Jack came to visit South America. Here they are at Starbuck's with Barbara. We had a good time!!


I finally got my wheels this week...here is a pic of my temporary car...Suburu Forester.  My parking spot is so tiny and is next to a wall, so it takes me forever to park.  Maybe the Chevy Captiva, my permanent car, will be easier to park.


Today, I attempted to go to Jumbo, but after missing my turn, I decided just to go to the regular grocery store, Unimarc.  My apartment has a grocery cart in the parking garage, so I used it to wheel my groceries right into my kitchen.  Pretty darn convenient!



Today is an important day, as it the one year anniversary of the 8.8 earthquake that struck Concepcion at 3:34 am.  Santiago is extremely well built and did not suffer significant damage. We've had two earthquakes since I've been here but I haven't felt either.  It's interesting how many earthquakes happen each day. Here is a website that tracks them: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/S_America.php

Off to watch the Oscars en espanol...no english broadcast :(   Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Nice wheels! You can go off-roading with your all wheel drive!

    We look forward to your posts, so keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the cool car. Nice parking job! I imagine, you'll be whipping that baby into place in heroic fashion by the time guests arrive.
    Looks like everyone will have to get out first..lol

    ReplyDelete