Sunday, February 20, 2011

Party, Party, Party

Busy weekend!! Friday my work friends came over to my apartment for a happy hour. Before the party, Trinidad and I stopped for lunch at Domino, which is a famous soda fountain here (fuente de soda). I had a brazilian sandwich (filet, cheese, avocado on a hamburger bun) and fresh squeezed OJ. They have great juices here!





Here are some pics from the party. I wish I had a pick of the food...Trinidad made the best looking plates of cheese, peanuts and crackers with Chilean flags for toothpicks. 

 














 Saturday some friends took me out for a full day of fun! We went to eat sushi at Too Much Japanese, then we rode the metro and a bus to Parque Arauco to go see The Tourist. I took some pics of the movie theater...

This is a popcorn machine...they still have popcorn that you can buy at the concession stand..but this was neat:


Look at the chandeliers in this place (might be a little hard to see...cell phone camera)


 Mis amigos



We walked around the mall for a bit afterwards and took a pic by the fountain


Then we walked past two girls dressed as princesses which confused us...until we later ran into three people on stilts. It was some type of carnival/royal themed event the mall was putting on. The mask one guy was wearing was creeping me out...but none of the kids seemed to think twice about it. 



Dinner was at the same pizza place in the mall that I had gone to with Elvia a few weeks ago. Pizza and an appetizer plate of cheese, shrimp, toast, and meats. Good stuff...except the shrimp still had their heads on and they were staring at me.




These are the straws I had at the party..I love them and have a ton left over...so today I am using one...lol


Some of my valentine's flowers were dying, so I made a new smaller arrangement. I think Martha Stewart would be proud!


I guess that just about wraps up this post of random weekend activities. I am going to go meet some other friends for brunch at Cafe Melba in a bit. Cafe Melba serves American style breakfasts....very unusual to find here.

Have a good Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment